Connect with us

Fire & Rescue

Small welding fire put out at Weber Center



A small fire set off by welding sparks brought fire crews to La Crosse’s Weber Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday.

The fire was contained mostly to a small plastic tote inside the garage entrance on Front Street.

The sparks reportedly ignited combustible materials, and set off the building’s sprinkler system.

No one was injured, and there was minor water damage in the stage area.

Fire crews also removed smoke from the theater area.

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *