Connect with us

Fire & Rescue

“Careless use smoking materials” blamed for one of two Saturday night fires in La Crosse



Two house fires kept La Crosse firefighters busy Saturday night.

The first fire happened just before 8 p.m. at 159 Copeland Avenue.

Careless use of smoking materials is blamed for the second-floor house fire.

Everyone in the home was accounted for and safe, with just one person receiving a minor injury.

Damage inside the building was limited and residents were allowed to return home.

Shortly after the Copeland fire, at 9:46 p.m. Saturday, crews were called to South 4th Street, near Jackson.

Fire was reported in an attic at 1228 South 4th and the damage was limited to that area.

All residents of the building were evacuated safely, but one person was displaced. The fire was determined to be electrical.

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *