For the third consecutive day, the state of Wisconsin hit a new record for confirmed COVID-19 cases at 11,547.
That’s the most cases ever throughout the pandemic.
The state is averaging 6,808 cases, 22 COVID-19 deaths a day over the past week.
The La Crosse County Health Department, today, will be hosting a COVID-19 briefing at noon.
Watch the briefing here.
The health department says the purpose of the briefing is to provide a situation update on COVID-19 in the region.
It will include:
- La Crosse County Health Department Director Audra Martine.
- Paul Mueller, M.D., Regional Vice President, Mayo Clinic Health System
- Scott Rathgaber, M.D., Chief Executive Office, Gundersen Health System
- Dr. Aaron Engel, Superintendent, School District of La Crosse
- Local business representative
Community transmission in the county is critically high, as La Crosse is averaging around 140 cases a day over the past week.
Wisconsin is 58.3% vaccinated with two doses.
Here’s where La Crosse and surrounding counties are at with two doses of the vaccine:
- La Crosse 64.0%
- Buffalo 58.4%
- Trempealeau 64.3%
- Jackson 47.2%
- Monroe 47.2%
- Vernon 51.1%