Connect with us

Family & Home

Minor fire in downtown apartment



A minor kitchen fire brought La Crosse fire crews to the corner of 3rd and State Monday afternoon. 

A cooking pot reportedly overheated on a stove in a third floor apartment in the former Wettstein building, now occupied by a Gundersen clinic. 

No injuries were reported.   

Traffic was restricted on State Street during the fire call.

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *