A downtown La Crosse music celebration debuts Tuesday, in celebration of the Winter Solstice.
The whole ordeal across the U.S. is called Make Music Winter, a series of free, musical parades and performances that take place in over 30 cities annually, on the Winter Solstice.
The performances in downtown La Crosse will begin at 10:45 at the “4th Street Stage,” a newly renovated storefront window stage on, you guessed it, 4th Street. It’s located in the former Doerflinger Building between Duluth Trading Co. and Dales Clothing.
Eleven performances are on the schedule for the once vacant storefront turned stage that was funded in part by a Main Street Bouceback grant.
Make Music Winter, 4th Street Stage performance list
- Chauncey at 10:45-11:15 a.m.
- Hammered Dulcimer & Flute Music at 11:30 a.m.-noon
- Driftless Dulcimers at 12:15-12:45 p.m.
- Peter J. Kish at 1:00 -1:30 p.m.
- Tri-State Accordion Club at 1:45-2:15 p.m.
- WRST at 2:30-3:00 p.m.
- James Grant at 3:15-3:45 p.m.
- Alex Toast at 4:00-4:30 p.m.
- CC Herling at 4:45-5:15 p.m.
- Aether Quartet at 5:30-6:00 p.m.
- Dublin’s Daughters at 6:15-6:45 p.m.
For more info check out www.makemusicday.org/lacrosse/