The La Crosse County Board has a busy day planned Monday, with budget and redistricting matters on the table, among other things.
The annual budget meeting for the board begins at 6 p.m. with a public hearing at the county administrative center in downtown La Crosse or online here.
Spending for 2022 is expected to increase about 13 percent from this year’s budget, to $193 million, with a county tax increase of just over 1 percent.
The total county levy being proposed is $36.8 million. The budget meeting could be adjourned early. If that happens, it would resume Tuesday.
Before the budget meeting, the board will have a 5 p.m. hearing on a new county district map. The proposed map would add one new district, to bring the county board to an even 30 members.
Other county meetings happening this week include:
- County Library Board — 3:30 p.m. Monday
- Board of Adjustment Viewing Tour — 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
- County Board annual meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday
- La Crosse County Highway Safety Commission — 9 a.m. Wednesday
- Western Region Integrated Care Comprehensive Community Services Coordination Committee — 1:30 p.m. Thursday
- Historic Preservation Commission — 9 a.m. Friday