fbpx
Connect with us

Entertainment

Curtain fire interrupts Weber Center play

Brad Williams

Published

on

A fire wasn’t supposed to be part of the show at La Crosse’s Weber Center.

Preview night for the musical ‘Newsies’ was interrupted on Thursday when a stage curtain started on fire about an hour into the show.

The play was stopped and the building was evacuated, as firemen put out the flames.

The burned curtain was taken down, and two people were treated for breathing problems.

‘Newsies’ is being put on by the La Crosse Community Theatre, and is supposed to have opening night on schedule Friday night.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Avatar

    Bob

    May 10, 2019 at 8:52 am

    Fire was out way before 4 fire vehicles n personnel arrived sirens blaring lights flashing… Always interesting to hear/read news when one actually witnessed the situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *