The north side resident that lost his home and his cat Leona in a house fire is asking for help recovering.
A GoFundMe has been started for Nathan Turk in hopes of rebuilding, after his Harvey Street home, which used to belong to his grandparents, burned due to an electrical fire in the basement.
Shortly after 10 p.m., fire crews found heavy smoke coming from the back of the house and the basement at 2522 Harvey Street, and they contained the flames to the basement area.
But that’s where a lot of Turk’s belongings were stored, while the rest of his house was getting renovated. Not only that, because of the heavy smoke, not much from the house was salvageable.
Turk said if anyone can find it in their heart to help, he would be so grateful.
Turk was unharmed in the fire. He heard the smoke alarms and was able to crawl out a window.