We deep dive into the La Crosse budget Wednesday with city council member Mackenzie Mindel on La Crosse Talk PM. We also had to get her take on changing the speed limit on County B and if she supports new legislation to save the Kmart and Hatched (Blue) Baby, a proposal made in jest.
La Crosse Talk PM airs weekdays at 5:06 p.m. Listen on the WIZM app, online here, or on 92.3 FM / 1410 AM / 106.7 FM (north of Onalaska). Find all the podcasts here or subscribe to La Crosse Talk PM wherever you get your podcasts.
- Cut funding from the public library, which has led to the closure of the South Branch on Dec. 1
- Leave unfilled, a La Crosse Fire Department position
- Deny La Crosse Police requested overtime
- End large item pickup
- End the lease for Community Connections, meaning things like senior activities will have to move to other facilities
- Could lead to the North Side Community Pool closing in 2025
Before Mindel joined, Hunter Elsen from La Crosse Parks and Rec. joined quick to talk about the Pettibone Haunted Mile, which happens Friday evening.
The free event runs from 5-8 p.m. and includes an obstacle course bounce house, trick-or-treating, Halloween themed activities and local vendor booths will be a part of the activity passport to win prizes.
There will also be a magic show from 6:15-7 p.m. with The Magic of Isaiah.