Connect with us

Family & Home

House fire in north La Crosse may have resulted from trying to thaw pipes



Reckless use of a heating appliance is being blamed for a Christmas Eve fire at a north La Crosse home. 

On Saturday night, shortly before 7 p.m., firefighters were called to the one-thousand block of Liberty Street, to find smoke inside a house. 

The crews extinguished a fire in a first-floor wall.  Everyone in the home had evacuated and there were no injuries. 

The heating appliance apparently had been used to thaw a frozen water pipe. 

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *