Connect with us

Fire & Rescue

VIDEO: Large fire breaks out at shed near Holmen



Looking down on a shed fire in the town of Holland on Dec. 4, 2022.

Firefighters in the Holmen area were busy on Sunday afternoon, trying to extinguish a shed fire.

The La Crosse Fire Department said it was a grease fire inside the storage building on Amsterdam Prairie Road in the Town of Holland.

It took 10 minutes for fire crews to get to the scene, where they had to take defensive measures for suppression and exposure to protect a large barn that was starting to smoke from the heat.

It took about four hours to contain the fire with 28 firefighters and 12 fire apparatus on scene.

The building sustained very heavy fire and smoke damage. The cause of the fire was from heated grease.

Fire causes damage to a shed in the town of Holland, on Dec. 4, 2022.

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *