Connect with us

Family & Home

Dog rescued from burning duplex in La Crosse



A family dog was rescued from a duplex that was on fire in La Crosse Wednesday night. 

No people were hurt in the attic fire in the 1100 block of 11th Street South. 

Smoke was seen coming from the attic area of the building shortly before 7 p.m. Wednesday.  The flames were put out quickly. 

People living in the downstairs apartment evacuated when they learned of the fire, and nobody was at home upstairs. 

A search of the upstairs apartment led to the discovery of the dog, which was reunited with its owners.     

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *