fbpx
Connect with us

Breaking News

Update: Name released in fatal Mormon Coulee Rd fire

WIZM staff

Published

on

The La Crosse Fire Department expressed it’s deepest sympathies to the family of a La Crosse man who died in a fire Sunday morning.

Stanley Koziara passed after being taken to Gundersen Health System for treatment.

The La Crosse Fire Department said the fire was caused by an old torch heater believed to be from the 1950s that had been repaired multiple times.


One person has died, and a firefighter was injured, in a Sunday morning house fire on Mormon Coulee Road. 

La Crosse fire crews arrived at a one-story house in the 5200 block of Mormon Coulee, near the Fiesta Mexicana restaurant, around 2 a.m. 

A person evacuated from the house was taken to Gundersen for treatment, and later died. The fire department has not released the person’s name or age.

A firefighter was checked for injuries at the scene. 

Firefighters reported heavy smoke and fire, with a large amount of debris and storage feeding the fire inside the house. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *