- 1 1/3 cups semi sweet chocolate (225 grams) *you can sub out milk chocolate
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter (55 grams)
- 1/3 cup of gluten free flour mix (45 grams) *we like Bob’s 1:1 Ratio GF Flour
- 1/3 cup of dutch cocoa (30 grams) *you
- can sub out unsweetened cocoa if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (55 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional additions: toasted nuts, coco nibs, dried fruit, mini marshmallows
- Melt butter and chocolate seperately.
Combine them together and set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, brown sugar,
eggs, and salt on a high speed. Whip for
several minutes until the mixture is a light
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, cocoa, and
baking powder together. Break up any
clumps you find.
- Add the warm melted chocolate mixture
to the egg mixture. Carefully fold the batter
into one another until it is fully combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients in the
batter. Do not overmix. Stop as soon as it all
- Scoop out cookies on a prepared baking
pan and place in the cooler to allow them to
firm up. This takes at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, place the cookies in the oven
and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until
they just start to set in the middle. This will
take about 12 minutes.
RECIPE FROM JEN BARNEY
MERINGUE BAKERY & CAFE