- 9 ounces of melted brown butter
- (2) 10 ounce bags of mini marshmallows
- 1.8 ounces of freeze dried strawberries
- (1) 12 ounce box of rice crispies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: toasted almonds
- Optional: CANDY! SPRINKLES! MELTED CHOCOLATE!
- Over a low heat, melt the butter and allow
it to simmer until the milk solids start to
brown. Once you start to see little brown
flecks immediatly pull it from the heat.
- Prepare the marshmallows by placing
them in a large stock pot. Add the salt and
vanilla to this mixture and set aside.
- While the butter is still hot and browned,
add it to the marshmallow mixture. Place
the pot back on the heat and continue to
cook at a low temperature until the
marshmallows are completely melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix the freeze
dried strawberries, almonds, and rice crispy
- Once the marshmallows are melted mix
in the dry rice crispy mixture and stir with a
spatula until totally it comes together.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared 9X13 pan.
Allow to cool completely.
- Bonus points if you want to make them
cute by topping them with sprinkles, M&M’s,
melted chocolate, and other various candies.
RECIPE FROM JEN BARNEY
MERINGUE BAKERY & CAFE