Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 pieces (6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika, 1/3 palm full
- 1 tsp chili powder, 1/3 palm full
- A drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Bib or leaf lettuce
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lbs blue cheese, crumbled
- Small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ribs celery, cut into sticks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
Sauce for chicken:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) cayenne pepper sauce, preferred brand Frank’s Red Hot
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder. Drizzle breast with a little extra virgin olive oil to coat. Pan grill chicken breasts 5 minutes on each side.
Heat a metal or oven safe glass bowl over low heat and melt butter in the bowl. Add hot sauce to the butter and combine. When the chicken breasts are done, remove from pan and add to the bowl and coat evenly with hot sauce mixture.
Place chicken breasts on bun bottoms and top with crisp lettuce. Combine sour cream, scallions, and blue cheese and slather bun tops with blue cheese sour cream. Affix bun tops on sandwiches and serve with the remaining sauce for dipping your veggies. Arrange Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches on dinner plates with red onion, celery, and carrot sticks.