fbpx
Connect with us

Family & Home

Electrical fire briefly forces family out of Liberty St. house

Brad Williams

Published

on

An electrical fire in the walls of a house at 1724 Liberty Street in La Crosse caused a brief evacuation of the building on Friday night.

City firefighters used thermal imaging equipment to locate the source of a smoky odor, and found the fire after removing pieces of the ceiling.

The fire was extinguished with minimal damage.

Responders evacuated the family living at the house, along with their pets, while the fire was being fought, but the family was able to return to the house for the night.

The north La Crosse fire was the fourth house fire in the region since Thanksgiving.

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *