Connect with us

Fire & Rescue

Electrical fire causes damage to unoccupied house in south La Crosse



Firefighters from La Crosse, Onalaska, and Fort McCoy battled a house fire on the south side of La Crosse Friday morning.

Investigators found no one in the house on 31st Street South, where smoke was seen coming from the roof shortly after 7 a.m.

An electrical fire apparently started in the basement, and caused structural weakness to the floor on the first level of the house.

Fire crews were on the scene for six hours before the flames were completely under control.

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *