fbpx
Connect with us

Family & Home

Wiring blamed for house fire near UW-L

Published

on

Overheated electrical wires are being blamed for a house fire Friday morning in the 1900 block of Main Street in La Crosse.

Fire trucks were called to the scene just after 5:30 a.m., where smoke was found inside the house.

Minor fire and smoke damage were contained to the second floor.

Everyone living at the house got out safely, after a fire alarm went out.

The Salvation Army is helping people displaced by the fire.

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.