fbpx
Connect with us

Fire & Rescue

Gas buildup caused by construction in Wettstein’s building

Published

on

An evacuation of some downtown La Crosse apartments yesterday is being blamed on a construction project in the building.

People living in the Wettstein’s building at 3rd and State had to leave their apartments for a time, after a reported build-up of carbon monoxide.

Investigators say the hazardous gas fumes were coming from a gas-powered saw used by workers who are remodeling the former appliance store.

The 200 block of State Street was closed to traffic at midday, so fire crews could ventilate the building.

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from UW - La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area. He regularly covers local courts and city and county government. Brad produces the features "Yesterday in La Crosse" and "What's Buried on Brad's Desk." He also writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse. Brad been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.