Connect with us

Local News

Recovery effort flooded with help after Holmen apartment fire



The donations and offerings to help those displaced by an apartment fire in Holmen have almost been overwhelming.

The 12-unit apartment fire was caused by an overheated air compressor, plugged into a car cigarette lighter. It caused a spark, setting the dashboard on fire. The building at 615 McCugh Rd. was a near total loss. Nobody was hurt. Those in the building were safely evacuated.

The police department has now set up a group to help organize the recovery effort, called Holmen Cares.

No more physical donations are needed at this time. The group is collecting already donated items from police Tuesday and compiling a list from the families of things they need.

Check the Holmen Cares Facebook page here for updates on possible things needed in the future.

There also an account at Park Bank for those wanting to give monetary donations.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *