Public support could bring back 33-year-old
event that was cancelled abruptly Friday
For the first time in 33 years, the community thanksgiving dinner in La Crosse was cancelled last Friday.
Now, things are looking up. The dinner could still happen.
Since its cancellation, because of planning difficulties, there has been an outpouring of community support, according to spokesman Tom Rand.
Speaking on AM 1410 WIZM this morning, Rand said the committee is being polled today to determine whether the dinner can go ahead as planned.
Rand said many people have offered to join the planning committee. A shortage of committee members had been cited as a major reason for calling off the yearly gathering.