Connect with us

Local News

Carbon Monoxide Scare In Arcadia



More than a dozen people became sick, and some became unconscious. A high

level of carbon monoxide was discovered at a house in Arcadia this weekend.  Investigators believe the family living there tried burning charcoal to heat the house, after running out of propane.  A division chief with the La Crosse Fire Department, Jeff Murphy, says C-O levels in a house have to get to a certain level of hundreds of parts per million in order to be potentially deadly:


(Click for Audio)

And because carbon monoxide can not be seen or smelled, new homes in Wisconsin are required to have C-O detectors.




Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *