* indicates required
Tuesday - January 16, 2018 12:18 am

Recovery effort flooded with help after Holmen apartment fire

Written by
(@salarmylax on Twitter) (@salarmylax on Twitter)

The donations and offerings to help those displaced by an apartment fire in Holmen have almost been overwhelming.

The 12-unit apartment fire was caused by an overheated air compressor, plugged into a car cigarette lighter. It caused a spark, setting the dashboard on fire. The building at 615 McCugh Rd. was a near total loss. Nobody was hurt. Those in the building were safely evacuated.

The police department has now set up a group to help organize the recovery effort, called Holmen Cares.

No more physical donations are needed at this time. The group is collecting already donated items from police Tuesday and compiling a list from the families of things they need.

Check the Holmen Cares Facebook page here for updates on possible things needed in the future.

There also an account at Park Bank for those wanting to give monetary donations.

WIZM staff

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.